RNB Innovations EX-3000 Battery System (Minelab Excalibur Series)
Extends Detecting Time up to 60 Hours.
Designed for Use with Minelab Excalibur Series This Battery System uses custom made Lithium Polymer long life batteries. Lithium Polymer batteries offer many advantages over the standard supplied rechargeable systems that are included or sold as an option from detector manufacturers. Lithium Polymer batteries are more durable and will deliver consistent voltage output many times longer than any standard battery type including all alkaline, NiCad and NiMH types.
All RnB Innovation Battery Systems include a special “Smart Charger” that will quickly charge the battery in a few short hours and will not overcharge or overheat like many other cheaper options. The Smart Charger will even indicate when the battery is fully charged and ready to use. In many cases you will see your average run-time in the field increase anywhere from 40 to 60% more. Field testing has shown in some cases to more than double your field run-time on a full charge. Other benefits for this type of battery is that they will hold a full charge for up to 1 year. So, if you’re tired of your battery losing power before you're done hunting and waiting 18 to 24 hours to recharge, then RnB Innovations is the best rechargeable battery solution out there!
*Please Note: The RnB EX-3000 system will require a Minelab Alkaline Battery Pod part number 237-03110046 (sold separately) or the EX-3000 battery can be put into the supplied battery pod that came with your detector by simply removing the factory supplied NiMH rechargeable battery. When using the new EX-3000 Smart battery recharge system you will need to still use your Minelab Excalibur Recharge Adapter supplied with your detector and only use the EX-3000 Smart Charger to charge with. You will no longer use the Minelab supplied wall charger.
* Lithium Polymer Battery ONLY – POD NOT INCLUDED! (unless added to cart with optional $87)
- Get More Battery Life
- Extend your Detecting Time up to 60 Hours!
- High Capacity Lithium-Polymer Delivers Long Life Run Time with Fade-Free Power
- First remove the black soft plastic end cover that is glued to the battery pod.
- Very carefully insert a straightened out heavy paper clip that has been bent in half between the cover and the battery pod, moving it around to break the glue’s bond without tearing the cover.
- Once the cover is free, remove the cover from the pod.
- Mark the end cap and battery pod with a magic marker so the end cap can be replaced in the same position.
- Completely remove both set screws holding the end cap in the battery pod.
- Very carefully twist and pull the end cap out of the tube, the resistance is from the O-ring which must NOT be damaged or the pod can leak.
- The battery pack will now slide out of the pod, make sure there is no dirt or sand left inside the pod by wiping it clean.
- Disconnect the old battery pack.
- Very carefully remove and clean the O-ring, do NOT use any sharp instruments to remove it.
- Once the O-ring has been wiped clean with a soft paper towel apply silicone grease all around the O-ring sparingly, Ace Hardware 90% pure silicone grease 4095667 works well as does Sil-Glyde.
- Place the O-ring back into the end cap groove and connect the new battery pack, making sure the connectors are clean, optionally add some dielectric grease.
- Slide the new battery pack into the battery pod, if it is a tight fit due to the older pod versions taper, apply some silicone grease to the edges of the pack to insert.
- If a silica desiccant pack came out of the pod when opened replace it at this time.
- Very carefully twist and push the end cap back into the pod without pinching the O-ring, which could cause leakage.
- Once the end cap is back in and the magic marker lines and screw holes line up, place the set screws back in.
- Do NOT over tighten, snug them down firmly without stripping the threads.
- Place the soft black plastic end cover back on by putting two dabs of RTV silicone rubber inside it and pushing it on.
- Optionally you may wrap a turn and a half of electrical vinyl tape around the battery pod covering the set screw holes and let friction hold the end cover in place.
- Charge the new battery before use. ONLY use the supplied charger for charging the Lithium Polymer Battery
*All RnB Batteries come with an RnB Innovations Warranty. 1-909-730-5899