Yuneec Drone Q500 4K RTF with ST10+, CGO3, 2 Battery, SteadyGrip, Case
A completion level of ready-to-fly (RTF) means this version of the Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter with CGO3-GB Camera, Steady Grip and Camera Aluminum Case Camera and Aluminum Case from Yuneec comes factory-assembled and that a pre-bound transmitter/ground station unit (radio controller) is included. More than just an RC multi-rotor, the Q500 4K Typhoon is designed for APV - aerial photography and video. To this end, it incorporates the CGO3-GB, a 3-axis gimbal-stabilized camera with 4K video recording, 1080p video recording at up to 120 fps, and shoots photos at 12-megapixels.
The Q500 4K Typhoon is bundled with the ST10+ Personal Ground Station, a 10-channel, 2.4 GHz transmitter and 5.8 GHz video receiver rolled into one hand-held unit. In addition to traditional RC joysticks to pilot the quadcopter, there is a built-in Android mobile device which boasts a 5.5" touchscreen - a bump from the original ST10, which has a 4.5" screen. It allows you to view an FPV (first-person view) video image from the camera along with telemetry data superimposed, as well as access settings not available through normal transmitter.
As part of the RTF bundle, if features two 5400mAh flight batteries, providing up to 25 minutes flying each per charge - depending on wind-resistance and other factors. Additionally, the bundle features an aluminum case to safely store and transport the Q500+ and accessories in.
CGO3-GB 4K Camera with 3-Axis Gimbal
- The included CGO3-GB combines a 12-megapixel, 4K camera and a 3-axis brushless gimbal into a single unit designed to capture stabilized aerial video and still images. In addition to 4K, the camera can shoot 1080p at 120 fps for slow-motion as well as 60p, 50p, and 48p. A built-in microphone enables audio recording and can be turned on or off via the ST10+ or mobile app. Photos can be captured in JPEG or DNG RAW and it is possible to snap photos while recording video
For live view and remote operation, the camera features an integrated 5.8 GHz Wi-Fi downlink that enables operation and viewing from the 5.5" touchscreen on the ST10+ Personal Ground Station. You can also pair with a mobile device using the free mobile app - available at Google Play and iTunes app stores. The app or ST10+ offer control over resolution, white balance, ISO, and shutter speed. A smartphone holder that mounts on the ST10+ is included
The camera features a wide angle 130-degree FOV lens. While the gimbal that supports it features a control angle accuracy of ±0.02°. High quality video and stills are recorded to a microSD card up to 128GB in size. Low quality, upload-friendly versions can be saved onto a mobile device
ST10+ Transmitter/Personal Ground Station
- Transmitter (hand-held radio controller) and ground station system are combined into one device with the 10-channel ST10+. It features a 2.4 GHz transmitter for joystick operation of the quadcopter. In addition, there is a 5.8 GHz-range receiver for the video feed from the camera plus telemetry data. Updates over the original ST10 include a brighter touchscreen that is now 5.5" in size. The screen plus embedded Android OS enable you to control the camera as well as view a live feed from it, complete with telemetry data overlaid (OSD)
Flight Control Features
- No-Fly Database
- The Q500 4K Typhoon flight computer has access to a database of published FAA no-fly areas - such as zones near airports. Additionally, the maximum flight altitude can be locked to remain below 400' AGL (above ground level) for further compliance
- Smart Mode
- Designed for beginners, this mode uses GPS to establish a 26' "SAFE Circle" around the pilot. Stick relativity is maintained, meaning the aircraft will move in the same direction the stick is pressed is relative to the pilot, regardless of which way the quadcopter's actual "nose" is pointing. A "virtual barrier" imposes maximum radius of 300', help to ensure visual with the quadcopter is always maintained
- Angle Mode
- This mode is optimized for experienced pilots using the Q500 4K Typhoon for aerial photography. It provides more control and steeper bank and pitch angles, helping open your work up to a greater variety of possible shots
- Home Mode
- This safety feature can be activated at any time with the simple flip of a switch on the ST10+. When activated, the Q500 4K Typhoon will automatically return to its "home point" and land within a 10' circle of where it took off. If for whatever reason the transmitter signal is lost, Return Home will take over and fly the Q500 4K Typhoon back to the home point until it lands or the signal is restored
Note: Proper GPS calibration is required to ensure this feature works correctly
Includes CGO Steady Grip
- Transform the CGO3-GB camera and gimbal into a handheld, stabilized mini-rig with the included CGO Steady Grip. It features a smartphone holder for iOS and Android devices that have screens up to 6.4" so that you can use the app to monitor a live feed and operate camera settings (5.8 GHz Wi-Fi support on the mobile devices is required). The gimbal slides on with rail attachment for quick setup and draws its power from six AA batteries that are housed in the base (batteries available separately). A pitch control roller on the top of the handgrip allows you to manually adjust camera tilt while shooting.
What comes in the box with the UNEEC Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter with CGO3-GB Camera, Steady Grip and Camera Aluminum Case (RTF):
Gimbal Control Angle Accuracy ±0.02° Steady Grip Dimensions 8.8 x 3 x 7.1" / 223 x 75 x 181 mm Weight Without Camera / Gimbal: 13.9 oz / 395 g Video Transmitter Frequency 5.8 GHz Range Up to 984.3' / 300 m line-of-sight Transmit Power 500 mA (average) to 600 mA (peak) at 12 V (7.2 W maximum) Flight Battery Capacity 5400 mAh Chemistry Lithium-polymer Voltage 3S (11.1 V) Charger Model SC 3500-3 Balancing Smart Charger Supported Chemistries Lithium-polymer Charge Voltage 12.6 VDC; 3.5 A / 45 W maximum Fuse 7.5 A Power Requirements
10.5 to 15 VDC; 5 A (100 to 240 VAC adapter included)
General Dimensions Height: 9.4" / 240 mm
Width: 16.5" / 420 mm
Diagonal Length without Rotor Blades: 22.2" / 565 mm
Propeller/Main Rotor Diameter: 13" / 330 mm
Weight Without Battery and Payload: 2.5 lb / 1.1 kg Packaging Info Package Weight 25.2 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 20.0 x 19.0 x 14.0"