Active or Retired Military can receive a 15% Discount on unit only. Must provide a copy of a DD 214 or Military ID to qualify. Call or email us for details! 405-206-9010.
Minelab Safari Metal Detector
- Free Minelab Bag
- Garrett AT Pro Pointer
- Lesche Hand Digger
- Coil Cover, Over $200 dollar value in free accessories!
Don’t want any accessories and want to swap things out? We will work with you! Contact us and let us know what you want!
Don’t like that package? Want to add or remove certain items? Call us and get $150 in store credit for anything we sell! Even another detector! Or receive a $150 BBH gift card to be used at any time you like!
Please call at any time with any questions you may have about our machines. Free technical support. All our machines ship free in lower 48.
Minelab’s latest and greatest metal detector is the all new, Full Band Spectrum (FBS) fueled Safari! Same great 28 multi-frequency technology used in the E-TRAC and Explorer SE Pro. Featuring four pre-programmed detection modes and four programmable user modes, the Safari is easy-to-use while continuing Minelab’s reputation for being cutting edge! Advanced, digital filtering will automatically eliminate and influence the ground signals for seamless detecting no matter what your field conditions may be!
With its High Trash Density setting, Target IDs and audio tones are updated when sweeping over closely spaced targets FAST! This improves the recovery of deeply buried high conductivity targets in a trashy environment and allows you to more accurately identify the type of target found.
Accurate and easy-to-use. Press the pinpoint button and watch the Safari zone in on the precise location of that precious target.
With four pre-programmed detect modes you may choose from; Coin, Coin & Jewelry, Relic or All Metal. Each mode contains optimum settings for identifying the characteristics of preferred targets.
- Key Features:
- Length Adjustable from 43 to 54″
- Weight 3.6 lbs excluding batteries
- Coil 11″ lightweight, waterproof, Double D
- Audio Output Internal speaker or headphones
- Headphone Output 1/4″ stereo jack
- Visual Display 64 x 128 pixel liquid crystal display
- Transmission Full Brand Spectrum (FBS) Simultaneous multiple frequency transmission ranging from 1.5kHz to 100 kHz
- Ground Rejection Ground Compensation – advanced digital filtering
- Discrimination Linear (-10 to +40 discrimination options)
- Custom Select Discrimination Yes (-10 to +40)
- Detect Modes (Preset) 4 (Coin; Coin/Jewelry ; Relic; All Metal) Detect Modes (Personal) 4 (Programmable/Save)
- Auto Noise Cancel (Scanning) Yes
- Pinpoint Non-motion with audio and visual indicators
- Sensitivity Adjustment Fully Automatic/Manual (0-20)
- Threshold Adjustable (0-40)
- Target Volume Adjustable (0-20)
- Trash Density High/Low
- Batteries 12V Alkaline Pack – 8 x 1.5 AA (batteries not included)
- Patents US 4890064, US 5537041, US 5506506
Factory Included Accessories:
11" DD Search Coil
11" DD Search Coil Cover
8AA Battery Holder (E-Series)
- Entry level FBS Review by ChampFerguson
Price Value Quality
The biggest downside to a new Safari user is that you will hear every tone in the universe and you may go insane trying to understand what the Safari is telling you. It takes about 40-60 hours on the machine to gain a good understanding and learn it well enough to really get the most out of it. Of course, if you have experience with another FBS machine, you will pick up on the Safari's songs much quicker.
One important thing to note: the Safari is a silver hound like I have never seen before. Its like Minelab has some computer code written in it that says "if you detect a hint of silver, over ride Everything and sing the silver song". It is better at discriminating silver vs other good US coins better than my CTX (tho I have <100hrs on my CTX, so that could change).
-FBS is pricey. You get what you pay for.
-The Safari processor is the slowest FBS ime. Plenty fast, but you cant swing it as fast as an eTrac or CTX.
If you are willing to take the time to learn the machine and don't have the $$$ for a top of the line CTX, the Safari may be for you.
(ChampFerguson hangs out at BBH's Forums if you have any questions)
(Posted on 10/28/2014)
- Hi David! Review by bigboyshobbies
Price Value Quality
- Good Evening Bart Review by David Dodd
Price Value Quality
Thanks David Dodd (Posted on 5/9/2013)